So I’m embarrassingly behind on this wonderful event! I got tied up with work and my birthday party and the dates simply slipped from my mind. Hope you don’t hold it against me 😉 I’m super excited to be participating in Love-A-Thon for my second time! When I first participated in this event last year, it really touched me how supportive the Book Blogging community was. I just knew I had to sign up again this year. Before I go on to my questionnaire, I just want to thank every reader, blogger and author who stops by during this event and even just everyday. You all mean so much to me and I hope you know you’re appreciated!!!! Sending lots of love your way 🙂
- What’s your name? Nicole, but for writing I like to go by my middle name as well: NicoleLynn.
- Where in the world are you blogging from? Pennsylvania – USA
- How did you get into blogging in the first place? I started blogging about my everyday life back when Xanga was still a thing. Then I got distracted by making Xanga layouts and Myspace. Eventually, come college I found myself learning about this awesome site called WordPress and my writing itch sprung up again. I didn’t have any direction when I started blogging and then about a year or two ago, I decided to focus on books and anything bookish related (with a few spurts of travel and music). I absolutely adore reading and thought: why not share this with everyone?! The bookish community was really welcoming and I learned a lot. I’m still learning to be honest–there’s just so much to know sometimes! Lately, though, I’ve just been starting to focus only on blogging when I can and not taking on anymore real ARCs, because it’s been hard for me to hit deadlines with my work schedule. Hopefully, I’ll be able to take on more at another time and finally catch up on my reviews, but for now I’m just doing what I can, when I can 🙂
- How did you come up with your blog name? I don’t even remember. I think it just came to me one day and I was like..hmm those words sound good together. lol. Since I started this blog before it was a book blog, the name really doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, but I tried my best to make it work 😉
- What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? I review YA and NA the most on my blog, but I also add in some classic lit, memoirs and some adult fiction (mostly romance) since that is what I read. I’m trying to broadening my reading habits, but I think for the blog I’m going to stick to these genres for now.
- What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews? I also try to add in some of my music tastes into some posts. I also will do a few travel posts (with food involved…yum!). I always try to add in a bookish-tie, but sometimes it doesn’t always happen, which I’m totally okay with 🙂
- Best blogging experience so far? Hmm this is hard. I really loved last year’s Love-a-Thon. The support from the bookish community really touched me. I would also have to say whenever an author stops by and comments on my review. The last time this happened was when Jessica Evans stopped by and commented on my review of her novel, The Muse. I felt like my review matched what she wanted to convey in the novel and that just made me so happy!!
- Favorite thing about the blogging community? One of my favorite things about the blogging community is the fact that I’m not alone. Knowing there are other people out there just as obsessed as me about books is so fantastic! I don’t have very many friends who read, so having a community I can discuss books with or fangirl over a character with is just so amazing. It kind of blows my mind sometimes. Plus, I also love being able to discover new reads and/or a favorite new author through this community. It’s like the best “what should I read now?” resource!
- Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015! These books are on my TBR for this year and I can’t wait to read them! Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (which I just bought…eeps!), Playlist for the Dead by Michelle Falkoff, Seraphina by Rachel Hartman, Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry, and Mosquitoland by David Arnold. (For more books that I want to read this year, you can check out my Good Reads 2015 Debut Author List).
- What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read? I wouldn’t say it’s underrated per se, but I think it is less read these days and that is Tamora Pierce’s The Immortals quartet.
- Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF? Hmm, I just recently read Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas so I’m currently girl-crushing on Calaena and would love to have her as a BFF to teach me some badass fighting moves 😉
- Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests? I love to cook and eat wonderful food. Sometimes I love to workout (though I really do love Yoga). I also like to partake in Netflix binges and listen to music. Sometime I even go out with real friends to real places–those times are pretty cool too 😉
- Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for? Music, SHOES, and vintage-y things
- At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing? Ahhh I can’t make that decision, so I’m just going to say that right now I’d love to hear “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk the Moon 🙂
- Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book. Another hard question, can I cheat and just say I’m looking forward to how they are going to turn The Mortal Instruments series into a show? Also I’m totally obsessed with The 100 right now!! Bellarke <3
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope this shared some info about me that you might not have known! I’m going to try my best to get around to everyone else’s posts and comment! Have a lovely weekend and an even greater Love-a-Thon!! Hugs and Kisses your way!! 🙂