Good Morning Lovlies!
So I was nominated by the lovely Xana at XanaBooks for the Liebster Award. I think I might have been nominated for this in my very first or second year of blogging, but never followed through. Since I’m still a relatively unkown blog I’m hoping I still count for this lol, but I’m participating anyways cause hell why not 😉
So about this award…
The Liebster Award allows bloggers to recognize new bloggers or not as well known bloggers who you admire, follow or wish to give a shout out to. Lorraine at the Wording Well gives an excellent explanation of what this award is and some of its origins.
The award does come with some rules of participation:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award in your blog post.
- Answer 11 questions from the blog that nominated you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award. The blogs must have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know that you have nominated them.
- Give the blogs you nominated 11 questions to answer.
So here are my answers to Xana’s questions:
- What is your biggest goal in life?
I think my biggest goal in life is to live more in the moment and to also do my best to help those I can.
- If you could live anywhere where would it be?
Ugh, I’m torn between somewhere close to friends and family, London, Rome, Paris, somewhere in Ireland, NYC, somewhere in Cali, Seattle, Portland (OR) and somewhere in Colorado–so like all those places? haha I’m very much a wanderlust trying to find the right fit I guess.
- Who is your book crush?
I’ve always been a big fan of Daemon from the Lux Series by JLA but I also really love Dimitri from The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead series too!
- What made you start a blog?
I originally wanted to go into journalism and thought a blog would be a great way to continue writing, share content/thoughts/experiences and hopefully build up an audience. Once I discovered the book blogging community my motivation changed to sharing something I loved (reading/books) and being able to find and interact with like-minded people (booknerds/book lovers).
- Who is your favorite booktuber?
Right now, I’ve really been enjoying ChapterStackss, Thoughts on Tomes, Just a Dust Jacket and ThePoptimist. When I first started watching, I watched a lot of Katytastic and The Readables. I still watch some of The Readables, but not so much Katytastic or other more mainstream YA booktubers.
- If you could learn another language what would it be?
I’d love to learn Spanish, Italian, French and Gaelic cause I’m an overachiever and want to know all the languages lol
- Paperbacks or Hardbacks?
I love hardbacks for looking pretty on my bookshelf, but have to say I enjoy reading paperbacks more.
- What is your favorite bookshop?
The library!! haha but really I very much love my local indie bookstore: The Doylestown Bookshop. While I’m living up in Boston, I really enjoy the Brookline Booksmith and the Harvard Bookstore. My all-time favorite day in a bookstore had to be at the Shakespeare and Company bookstore in Paris, France.
- What song is at the top of your reading playlist?
I actually don’t generally listen to music while I read (unless it happens to be on or I’m on the subway/bus). When I do have music on it’s generally something calming like Hozier, Mads Langer or Paolo Nutini or something bluesy/jazzy like this playlist on 8tracks or something tagged “studying” like this playlist. Sometimes I just live on 8tracks haha. I really should make my own playlist on there. Let me know if you use this site too!
- Favorite book title?
Never really thought of this so I don’t really have one, but I always loved the Georgia Nicolson book titles: Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (book 1). They always seemed to make me smile/chuckle.
- If you could write a book, who would your main character be and why?
I’ve been wanting to write a book with a character named Kay who is able to feel other people’s emotions/energies (kind of like an empath but on steroids) who was badass, good a mixed martial arts/fighting, but was also comfortable in her skin and not afraid to wear sexier clothes (sorta of like Isabelle from the MI series). I feel like a lot of female main characters are not comfortable about being female and showing their sexuality or even wearing clothes that society deems as “sexy” or “inappropriate.” I know a lot of it has to do with publishing and the YA genre/intended age group and that not all girls are realistically at that level of comfort in their skin within their teenage years. However, I do think some girls are and that we shouldn’t shy away from it. I also feel like if a girl is deemed too “sexy” or as being “sexy” or confident in her skin she sometimes comes off as slutty or as someone people judge, so I don’t know I guess I just want to see a more body confident/sexuality confident female main character who isn’t just focused on that aspect of her character but is also badass in other ways too and getting shit done lol Hopefully some of that made sense and someone please write this 😉
Facts About Myself
- I’m pursuing a masters in Library Science.
- I don’t like the flavors grape or cherry.
- I’m slightly addicted to Netflix and Movies.
- I have a tattoo.
- My favorite color is orange.
- I’m a major animal lover and have three kitties although only one lives with me right now while I’m at school.
- I currently don’t own a car and use public transportation all the time or walk 🙂
- One time at summer camp I earned a white belt in karate so you all know I can take on anyone and win 😂
- I love food and take a ton of photos of all the food I eat when eating out.
- One of my goals in life is to start a non-profit for military veterans.
- I’ve studied abroad in Rome and just want to go back and travel everywhere — wanderlust 💜
(I went off either WordPress followers or Bloglovin’/Google+ so if you have more than 200 followers…sorry!)
- Aldii @ Perfection in Books
- Keri Alexis @ Beauty & Books
- Annika @ Hiding in Books
- Cassidy @ Quartz Feather
- Joy @ For Book’s Sake
I follow all these blogs and really enjoy reading their posts! I hope you check them out 😉
My Questions for the Nominees
- What is your fondest childhood memory of reading?
- What are your favorite things to do outside of blogging?
- Why did you start blogging and why this blog?
- What place would you most like to read about in a book? (as in setting within a book)
- Library, purchase or both?
- Do you have an instant-buy author?
- What are some of your favorite blogs?
- Name something on your bucketlist or a goal you have.
- Have you thought about vlogging as well as blogging?
- Name a must-have song on your playlist.
- Who’s your biggest inspiration and why?
I can’t wait to read everyone’s responses! Thank you again to Xana for the nomination! I’m super thankful to be thought of 🙂