Good Morning lovelies!
As I mentioned in my blog post on Monday, this week is unofficially back-to-school week here on the blog. I’m celebrating my return to classes with some back-to-school themed posts!
Today’s post is all about books I’d recommend as required reading. So many schools have outdated required reading lists and if I had my way, I’d have these books on a list for required reading or at least as strongly suggested options 😉
Most of the books chosen were just based off my love of reading them, but also based on their content in terms of what I think kids/young adults might be able to relate to as well as might be able to take something away from the storylines. I also chose some books based on what I know a lot of kids are reaching for at the book store I work at. Also I do have to say that some schools already have some of these books on their summer reading lists as options to read, in which I praise them highly for their decisions to do so 😉
- Inside Out & Back Again by Thanhha Lai | GoodReads
- El Deafo by Cece Bell | GoodReads
- Alvin Ho series by Lenore Look | GoodReads
- Wonder by R. J. Palacio | GoodReads
- Hush by Jacqueline Woodson | GoodReads
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan | GoodReads
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz | GoodReads | My Review
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray | GoodReads
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie | GoodReads
Here are some classics I wouldn’t mind keeping since I loved reading them so much!
- The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes | GoodReads
- Holes by Louis Sachar | GoodReads
- The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton | GoodReads
What are your thoughts on my picks for required reading? What would you choose for required reading? Have any classics you’d keep on the list? Let me know your thoughts/choices in the comments below! 🙂
*Disclaimer: None of my links on this post or on this blog are affiliate links. If I ever begin to participate in affiliate links, I will let you know. 🙂